Oracle in Solaris E3000/420R vs. Intel

From: JK Yao <jkyf0131_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Jun 2001 20:52:46 -0700

dear all,

Our company is plannign to upgrade our Oracle database from 7.3.4 to 8.1.6 in Sun altra Enterprise 420R and E3000 with OS- Solaris2.7. I am planning to copy our database to an Intel personal computer to do the testing first. Anyone know if the Oracle database move from Sun to Intel will have any problem? If I test the upgrading successful in Intel, doesn't that also mean I can do it on Sun 420R/E3000.

Another questions. Now our OS is Sun Solaris2.7, if I test the database upgrade in Solaris8. Will that make any different?

Please clarify. Thanks a lot.

JK
Jr. DBA, ModusMedia International Inc.
ICQ: 118658328 Received on Thu Jun 21 2001 - 22:52:46 CDT