Re: What is file# == 0 in v$backup_datafile?

From: Mark D Powell <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 21 Jun 2001 06:35:22 -0700

bplegend_at_yahoo.com (bplegend_at_yahoo.com) wrote in message news:<5d0822ae.0106201847.2fde4d56_at_posting.google.com>...
> I was looking at v$backup_datafile and I saw there is file#==0. I
> queried v$datafile and found no such file#. Could someone tell me what
> it is? I am on Oracle 8.1.6.
>
> benny

Benny, I checked my system and found 'no rows' and I was about to recommend that you check v$recover_file and v$backup to make sure you have no files marked as needing recovery or being in active backup status when the thought came to check the 8i Reference manual and I found:

FILE# NUMBER Datafile number. Set to 0 for control file

Since this table is reporting on Control file records, I take it that this view is for use with rman backups.