Re: Drop User System - Is it possible?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 20:15:17 +0200

"Henk Hultink" <hhu_at_stopspam.stoas.nl> wrote in message news:3b307833_at_news.wau.nl...
> Hi,
>
> We have a few users who have DBA-privilege to a database (Oracle 7.3.4).
 Is
> it possible for anyone with this privilege to accidentally (or
> intentionally) drop the user SYSTEM? If so, what measures can be taken
> (apart from revoking the DBA-privilege of course) to prevent this?
>
> --
> H. Hultink
> Software Engineer
> Stoas, Division IOAL
> Wageningen, The Netherlands
> "Activating Knowledge"
> http://www.stoas.nl
>
> e-mail: hhu_at_stopspam.stoas.nl

Sure that is possible. Said users can also alter any password including the password of the user SYS
No measures are possible except revoking the DBA *role* -which is BTW officially obsolete since 7.0, and everyone still uses itand  finding out what *privileges* said users *really* need.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Wed Jun 20 2001 - 13:15:17 CDT