Database link performance problem

From: Bernhard Acke <ba_at_metropolis.de>
Date: 20 Jun 2001 16:09:07 +0200

Hi,
I am generating periodically data for a few tables on a 8.1.7 instance. These are normally 200.000 datasets using 20-something SQL-queries with a database link to a seperate 8.0.5 instance ti import data from there. The time for this job is awfull. I thought about some actions to increase data import speed:

on 8.1.5 instance:
- sql-query optimization

on net8:
- using tcp.nodelay=true

But my feeling is, that the main bottleneck is the database link.

What do you think about the actions above? Do you have any other hints?

Bernhard

News suchen, lesen, schreiben mit http://newsgroups.web.de