Shared Server chewing up CPU

From: Steve Croft <stevec_at_ditdash.com>
Date: 20 Jun 2001 15:00:36 -0700

I am having a problem with shared servers in 8.1.7 and 8.1.7.1. A shared server will sometimes start using up 100% of its CPU. It continues until the shared server process is killed. Anyone see this kind of behaviour or know if there is a patch?

Our systems are Sun SPARC (some single- and multi-processor), Solaris 8, and Oracle 8.1.7/8.1.7.1 - but we only see the problem on two of the systems.

Thanks!
Steve Received on Wed Jun 20 2001 - 17:00:36 CDT