Re: WHAT! 100% price increase for per user!

From: Owen Ap'Owen <nospam_at_thank.you>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 08:21:41 -0700

You're right. When SQL Server 2000 came out Microsoft dropped the concurrent user licensing provision!

On the MS website I found a page that descibed the licensing terms for SQL Server 7 and concurrent users are still allowed. But for the 2000 version it's definately gone. I just assumed that the licensing terms that applied for version 7 would apply when I upgraded. Silly me.

This doesn't affect me directly since I've upgraded to the singleprocessor  license. But it's good to know. Keeps me from showing my ignorance in the newsgroups if nothing else.

As for IBM I can't find any info on their website that defines client access licensing terms. I guess I'll go ask on the db2 newsgroup and then report back here.

In article <B7555E64.161BB%markbtownsend_at_home.com>, markbtownsend_at_home.com says...