Steps to clone a Oracle database to new machine??

From: Eric <h9515895_at_sinatown.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 14:30:58 +0800

Hi,

I want to use exp/imp command to migrate my database to new machine. But, in my database, there are over hundred users and with password. Is it mean I need to create all users and give them a new password? Is there any command can help to migrate the user to new machine without changing the password?

Is it the right steps to import a database:

1> create new instance
2> startup mount
3> create database
4> create tablespace
5> create rollback segment
5> create all users
6> import the "export files"
7> finish

Thanks again
Eric Wong Received on Wed Jun 20 2001 - 01:30:58 CDT