MBA Survey

From: Kasey Rodgers <kcrodgers_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 00:47:59 GMT

I apologize for posting a survey, but it is for a good cause. I am working on an MBA and this is part of a class project. It will not be used outside of the class. I wish to gather statistics on how many companies use some formal method of monitoring their databases for early detection of problems. I would appreciate anyone willing to answer the following questions. It would be preferable to send the response to my email instead of posting. Thank you in advance for any help.
Reply to kasey.rodgers_at_bankofamerica.com

Type of company?
What is your database size (preferably #meg and #tables, etc)? Do you use a monitoring tool (including home grown)? Product used (name, homegrown or none)?
Was a cost/benefit estimate performed before implementing tool? Avg number of problems prevented weekly? Avg up time before monitoring started?
Avg up time since monitoring started? Received on Tue Jun 19 2001 - 19:47:59 CDT