Re: newbie: cold backup questions

From: Yang <yg.yang_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 18:38:55 +0200

hi,

your first methode is good.

but it really dosen't prevent your database from block corruption.

the solution is not your second method (i don't understand the steps n° 1 and 5), but doing export against your database.

as to using dd or cp ('cp -p' !), or tar, or others unix commands, i don't think they have something with data block corruption.

hth.
yang