Oracle-client/server connection

From: Andreas Baum <baum_at_medicalnet.at>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 14:29:31 +0200

Dear all comp.databases.oracle.server-members,

I have some trouble with an Oracle client-server connection using the Net8-client.
If I try to connect to Oracle-server in the first, the Net8-clint established a connection
to a listener on the Oracle-server by using the specified port in the Net8-configuration
(standard-port for tcp is 1521). If this connection ended with success, the Net8-client
established a second connection for data-transfer with an non-specified (I think),
dynamic tcp-port.
Now the question: Is there a possibility to specify a dedicated tcp-port or a tcp-port-range
for this connection ? If this is not possible, I think there is a security problem for connections
between an Oracle-server in a security-farm and an WAN-based client.

Thx for help.

--

Kind regards

Andreas Baum