9i Problems - jdbc

From: Dirk Kiehne <dirk_at_liberate.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 00:08:00 GMT

Hi,

Last week I installed 9i and everything was going pretty smooth

I created a database, could make connections from our 8.1.7 DB machines and client machines via sql*plus.

Then when I tried to install our software, which uses the jdbc thin driver, I suddenly got an ORA-0600 error. Some investigation of the logfiles indicated the problem was with this statement:

SELECT VALUE FROM NLS_INSTANCE_PARAMETERS WHERE PARAMETER ='NLS_DAT E_FORMAT My problem is that we are in the OPP and are unable to file iTAR bug reports. So I'm kind of stuck at the moment. I left a message in the jdbc forum, where they suggested filing an iTAR.

Has anyone else seen this problem?? We need to install packages names and dates in a table, so I'm guessing this is where we run into the statement above.

I did see a note on metalink, when I searched for "9i jdbc", that indicated a jdbc patch for 9iAS -> 9i database. We aren't using 9iAS, and I can't find a standalone patch for jdbc. I'd rather not download the entire 9iAS to get this patch.

Has anyone downloaded 9iAS?? There is supposed to be a patch in the $ORACLE_HOME/jdbc/lib directory. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could send me this patch.

Thanks in advance.

-Dirk Received on Mon Jun 18 2001 - 19:08:00 CDT