Re: retrieve foreign keys list

From: mel <jmel_at_mailnews.com>
Date: 18 Jun 2001 10:40:02 -0500

Thomas what about situations where u join tables accross links, espically when the query brings over millions of rows.

we had 2 situations that were problmes with links

1 - user used link on dev machine (where he had create and insert right) to porduction where he had only read rights. He did insert into a dev table selecting from production table. That table had over 100 million rows leading to space problem on dev and bad network performance til lwe killed it.

2. Trying to do a join of a dev table with a prod talbe, the query brought over prod table and then joined it on dev side. prod tale was over 20 million rows

also with datalinks word gets around and eveybody want to use it.

Also Tom when is the release date on your book? Can't wait :)