Re: Sort tablespace usage

From: Vincent Ventrone <vav_at_brandeis.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 11:14:20 -0400

> Don't know, I haven't looked at that yet. I'd probably check CREATE
> TABLESPACE in the SQL Reference, and related material in Oracle 8i
> Concepts.

Look for "CREATE TEMPORARY TABLESPACE..." (8i syntax). Note: you will need to use temporary files & you should (IMHO) make it a locally-managed tablespace. You probably also want to use uniform extent sizes.

Here's an example to get you started:

CREATE TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP TEMPFILE '/r01/oradata/catdev/temp_01.dbf' SIZE 100M

AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 25M MAXSIZE 500M EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL UNIFORM SIZE 10M; Received on Mon Jun 18 2001 - 10:14:20 CDT