Re: Oracle block size - OS block size

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 11:00:28 +0100

I once worked on something that was claimed to be the biggest Oracle database in the world - it was nearly 10GB. (it was actually in the top few)

In the good old days (formerly known as 'these trying times') it really was important to save all those little bits. Discs were expensive and slow and memory was small because it was very expensive

--
Jonathan Lewis

Host to The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Author of:
See http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/book_rev.html

Seminars on getting the best out of Oracle
See http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html