Re: object no longer exists!!!!

From: Szymon Budys <szymb_at_polbox.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 08:28:09 +0200

Do You restarted server after that error? If no - don't do it, maybe somebody will help you.
Look into alert log file to see what really happend to your DB. I think this is the same situation I had. In Oracle 8.05.00, without installed patches, server is not protected for exceeding 4 GB limit of file size (under NT). I think, that database file is corrupted now and DB will not open after restart (with error ora-1122). Database need recovery - if it works in ARCHIVE_LOG mode this should be fast and simple (recover database or recover datafile). Then you must create second datafile for tablespace "usr" or (i think thats better) create another tablespace for your data. If DB was not in ARCHIVE_LOG mode the problem is really serious. For example I couldn't repair DB after that crash and had to restore it from backups :-((

regards

Szymon Budys
U¿ytkownik "Pinto" <reach_me_at_india.com> napisa³ w wiadomoœci