Re: CANNOT INSTALL ORACLE 8.0i on WinNT

From: wysza <awysza_at_invalid.yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 14:20:45 GMT

Yes, it's a bug, yes there is patch on Oracle web but it doesn't work. I was able to find another one on the Internet but I don't remember the link now. Just go to google and search for problems with Oracle installer and pentium 4. That's how i found it. This work around tells you to download JRE from sun and delete one or two files from it that are responsible for recognizing the processor. And later on you proceed as normal. It worked with no problems for me.
hth
wysza

"ZIMMER, Guy" <Guy.Zimmer_at_vorsorge-leben.lu> wrote in message news:9437A9C83195D411912100508B8BA33C249C44_at_vorlux_s_003.vorsorge-leben.lu.. .
| Hello,
|
| THanks, yes it was a P4, and the server has 2 P3 Processors...
| Are you sure that it was an oracle bug ? Is there already any
| patches ?
|
| THanks
| Best Regards
| Guy