Re: informix/oracle comparison

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 07:38:01 -0700

> And I invite you (for the third time, now) to read the more recent whitepaper I
> pointed you to and which you seemingly prefer to ignore :-)

I read it, word for word, before I responded. Didn't you notice that I quoted it? :-)

Personally I have no axe to grind over either Informix or DB/2. I think they are both excellent products. Certainly either is far superior to any Microsoft offering.

But be careful about quoting numbers for DB/2 on UNIX. The vast majority of those are on AIX. The marketing question ... is who is installing it on Solaris and HP/UX. But our purpose here is not to debate marketshare so lets just drop it.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Sun Jun 17 2001 - 09:38:01 CDT