Re: error importing LOBS

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 16 Jun 2001 11:03:15 -0700

In article <9gg23n$931g8$1_at_ID-71421.news.dfncis.de>, "Andre says...

>hi list,
>I got an oracle database which the writer of the app which uses Oracle put
>some CLOB's
>in the system tablespace of the old system.
>I am trying to move to a new system (8.1.7 linux). I created a user u1 with
>a default tablespace sb1 and
>temporary tablespace temp. The user u1 does not have resource role with
>unlimited system-tablespace
>like the user on the old system. (has a quota on his own tablespace) All the
>tables are created in
>sb1 during import session except the tables which have LOBs. I get a error
>message ORA-1950 no
>privs on tablespace "system". The create of the LOB define system as the
>tablespace to use
>(but should choose the default tablespace of the user u1 when i set the
>quota for u1 to zero)
>
>Any way around this?

create the table and then import with ignore=Y

to get the DDL for the table

imp userid=..... tables=THAT_TABLE indexfile=that_table.sql

edit that_table.sql -- uncomment the create table statement, fix up the tablespaces for each part and run that create table (don't do the indexes, just the create table)

then imp with ignore=y to avoid the object creation errors you would get otherwise.