Question on Instance and database

From: Haishan Qian <haishan.qian_at_pek1.siemens.com.cn>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 12:08:55 +0800

Hi, all
I am planning to develop two applications for two departments, one is HR for HR system another is for Accounting for financial system. there is no relationship between these two systems. Now my question is: shall I develop two different instances to hold the two databases or I just put the two databases into one instance with different schema? Which way is preferred by Oracle?

Thanks and best regards,
Haishan Received on Sat Jun 16 2001 - 23:08:55 CDT