Re: Oracle/DSL connection dropping

From: A.Liggins <A.Liggins_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 19:50:07 +0100

On the client, set up an infinite ping (ping -t for windows98 etc) that will ping your database server.
Watch and see if the pings fail when the Oracle connection drops.

Depending on what happens will indicate a problem with the network connections or the oracle database.

You should investigate the timeout setting in your listener.ora