Re: Oracle/DSL connection dropping

From: Paul Drake <paled_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 06:37:35 GMT

Jim Pistrang wrote:

> Here's an Oracle/DSL question (I think):
>
> I have an Oracle server running in my office, and a cable modem connection
> to the internet. My router allows incoming Oracle packets (or whatever
> they're called) to pass through to the Oracle server. I have two clients,
> one connected to the internet via DSL and one connected via a T1 line.
>
> Both clients can connect OK, but the client with the DSL connection gets
> disconnected from Oracle after about 5 minutes. Doesn't matter if they
> are being active or not.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim

Jim -

Still on the Omnis list? Still coaching ulty?

Here's something that occurred when using Linux (I believe that the distribution was RedHat 6.0)
IP Masquerading had a default setting of a 5 minute timeout. If you knew where in the config file - your could increase this timeout parameter.

its been quite a long time since we were using that - but I'll ask around the office on Monday.

Btw, did you know that you can use the Omnis7 v3.8.0 Dam with an Omnis7 v3.7.1 client?
Hello CLOBS, goodbye LONGs.

take care.

Paul Received on Sat Jun 16 2001 - 01:37:35 CDT