Re: learning Oracle

From: Paul Drake <paled_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 07:15:02 GMT

ARION30 wrote:

> Hi all,
> Im just starting to learn oracle. I got a copy of it from a friend so I
> could learn it, but it can only be installed on a server. I was wondering if
> anyone new of a web site or a workstation version i could buy to to learn
> the commands and such.
>
> Thanks
>
> Russ

Personal Oracle (e.g. version 8.1.6) will run on Windows 98. Depending upon the memory settings that YOU configure - you can get it working on as little as 64 MB of RAM. Oracle Standard and Enterprise Edition will run on workstations just fine. Minimum system requirements info is supplied in the readme for the specific release.
In general, 256 MB is sufficient to run a small database - on WinNT Workstation 4.0 or Windows 2000 Pro.

hth,

Paul Received on Sat Jun 16 2001 - 02:15:02 CDT