A Question About Oracle

From: H.A. Noori <h_a_noori_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 15 Jun 2001 08:47:22 -0700

Dear all member of comp.database.oracle.server I have a problem with oracle as below:
when I reserve a record for update after a savepoint and then I rollback to
that savepoint, the reserved record stay locked until I run commit or rollback command. for example:
.
.

Update ... # Operation A
.
.

Savepoint MySave
.
.

Select *
From MyTable
Where MyKey = 1234
For Update
.
.

Rollback To MySave #At this point I need to release MyTable without

                     #losing other database operation like operation A

.
.

Can you help me?
Thanks All.
H.A. Noori. Received on Fri Jun 15 2001 - 10:47:22 CDT