Re: How do you think about Quest tools?

From: devdewboy <devdewboy_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 09:34:19 -0700

I have only used Toad. If you are a PL/SQL developer/DBA Toad is the tool for you. It is invaluable. I seem to find new things about it that solves most developers problems. While it is expensive, (about 500 + 125 for 1st year support only) it is worth the cost. If you establish a good communication line a sales rep, you can get group lic. discounts 10-20%, especially towards quarter end where they want to sell sell sell!

One other note on their support for Toad; they are very efficient and helpful, hopefully u dont need to call for a tool like this, but their email service and calls were taken care of quickly, which is a big plus in my book. ok I'm starting to sound like a sales man, enough of that!

SQL Navigator is Quests original product before they bought Toad. very similar tool, but Toad is more user friendly.

dewboy