Re: Session optimizer goal and PLSQL

From: Andrew <ABryndin_at_retailpro.com>
Date: 15 Jun 2001 12:18:15 -0700

"Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<992557523.13471.0.nnrp-07.9e984b29_at_news.demon.co.uk>...
> This may be a result of the documentation
> lagging the software. I believe that it is due
> to the effect of the hidden parameter
> _optimizer_force_mode
> changing its default from FALSE to TRUE
> around version 8.1.7

You mean that _optimizer_mode_force (this is more correct spelling for this parameter), which is set to 1 by default in 8.1.7 will force SQL issued from PLSQL inherit session optimizer goal? The description of the parameter in sys.x$ksppi is "force setting of optimizer mode for user recursive SQL also". The question is: Are SQL statements issued from PLSQL considered as recursive SQL? Thanks. Received on Fri Jun 15 2001 - 14:18:15 CDT