Re: Migrated Rows

From: Norman Dunbar <ndunbar_at_lynxfinancialsystems.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 09:06:35 +0100

Howard,

Yeah, I've analysed with compute stats on all the tables and I've detected the chained rows ok. I'm led to believe that the V$SYSSTAT view tells me that I have migrated rows. I can easily identify and unchain the chained ones, but I wanted to know how to identify the migrated ones - none of the manuals seem to say how.

However, it would apear that if I fix the chained rows, I'll (probably) fix the migrated ones as well, so no worries - apart from corectly determining the PCTFREE/PCTUSED stuff which someone (not me !) has set to 1% and 90% - which implies that these tables don't update or delete rows very often/at all.

Cheers,
Norman.