Re: Connnect to Management Server

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 15 Jun 2001 12:48:54 -0700

Before you even are able to connect, you will need to create the repository. You should start by going to START....PROGRAMS.....ORACLE...ENTERPRISE MANAGER....CONFIGURATION ASSISTANT. When you launch that, it will have a series of prompts, one will be to create the repository. After that, you will most likely need to start the Oracle Management Server Services. Also, you may need to setup a listener and a tnsnames.ora file(this should be setup before you start OMS). After that, you should be well on your way to use OEM, however, you don't necessarily need OMS to use OEM, you could just setup your listener and your tnsnames.ora file and then start using schema manager by connecting directly to your DB.

HTH
Pete's