Re: Oracle block size - OS block size

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 22:00:30 +0100

It's not my area of expertise, but isn't 'number of bytes per inode' telling the mkfs command the average file size, and therefore the amount of space on disc to reserve for inodes ?

Also, one of the other performance features to consider with HP in particular is the memory page size - which defaults to 4K. I believe the ideal is to set the filesystem block size, (mkfs) the memory page, and the oracle data block size to be the same if you are going to use HP file systems.

--
Jonathan Lewis

Practical Oracle 8i:  Building Efficient Databases
Publishers:  Addison-Wesley

Reviews at: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/book_rev.html