Re: Oracle server 8.1.7

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 16:33:24 -0700

Michael wrote:

> Has anyone any experience in stripping down 8.1.7 so that it takes less
> memory or something close to 8.0.6. What methods can I use?
>
> Thanks

In other words you want to gut the performance? Interesting.

Do you understand how Oracle uses memory? Have you evaluated memory needs based on some criteria taking into account SGA, block buffers, and sort area?

What the heck ... Go into the instance's initSID.ora file and put in the smallest parameters you can.

No doubt you can make Oracle run as slowly as MS Access. And crash as often as any other Windows product.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Thu Jun 14 2001 - 18:33:24 CDT