Re: turn on auto archivelog mode

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 20:09:56 +0200

"phil" <pguan_at_sansia.net> wrote in message news:QW5W6.110830$qv3.35559520_at_nnrp5-w.sbc.net...
> Hi all,
>
> I uncomment the archivelog statement in init.ora file, turned on the
> archivelog and started the instance but got:
>
> ORA-00439: feature not enabled: Managed Standby
>
> Any idea? Thanks.
>
> OS: AIX 4.3.3
> Oracle: 8.1.6
>
> Regards,
> Phillip

Sure
You are using log_archive_dest_<n> parameters and/or the location= syntax in log_archive_dest (which seems to be the default now). This syntax is particular for the managed standby option, which you don't have because you are running Oracle Standard. Issue a select * from v$option to verify whether you have managed standby.

Am I clairvoyant or not, lol :)

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Thu Jun 14 2001 - 13:09:56 CDT