Re: New Instance

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 18:29:32 +1000

Use oradim (from a command prompt). The syntax runs (off the top of my head)

oradim -NEW -SID <nameofnewsidhere> -STARTMODE auto -PFILE <locationandfilenameofnewinit.orahere> -INTPWD <pickanewpasswordfortheSYSandINTERNALaccounts>

That'll create you a new Service which, when started, will create the new Instance for you. You then have to issue the create database commands, and bob's your father's brother.

Regards
HJR

--
The views expressed are my own only, and definitely NOT those of Oracle