Re: Looking for Recommendation on Backup Software that works well with Oracle in Hot Backup Mode

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 07:29:44 +1000

Hi Norman,

No, it's not been fixed, I suppose on the grounds that it isn't a problem! The DBID is indeed unique, and goes along for the ride when you clone, and yes, it will still trip RMAN up when it sees an 'already registered' database.... but then, I guess you could create a catalog for each clone???!

I'd actually still recommend multiple catalogs and use RMAN, unless it threatens to turn silly. By the time you get to your fifth or sixth catalog, I think it's time to look elsewhere.

But come on.... the syntax isn't *that* hard. I mean, if you can write C, Java or serbo-croat, you'll not find it a problem. ;-)

Regards
HJR

--
The views expressed are my own only, and definitely NOT those of Oracle