Re: SQL Server vs Oracle

From: Fuzzy <granta_at_nospam.student.canberra.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 23:43:12 GMT

On 13 Jun 2001 08:35:44 -0700, sfelten_at_ipsos-asi.com (scott felten) wrote:

>Our company is fustrated by Oracles enormous licensing costs and we
>are looking at SQL Server. What would we loose by going to SQL
>Server? Or what are some links that talk to this subject.
>
>Thank you.
>
>Scott Felten

Scott,

Huge piece of advice: Unless one of your applications NEEDS Oracle enterprise edition functionality, buy standard edition - it's about 1/6th the price (or there abouts). Your Oracle rep will rant and rave about EE's superior management capabilities, etc. (read: will panic at losing their commission on an EE sale).

Ciao
Fuzzy