missing archive - cannot RMAN to tape

From: <bplegend_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 13 Jun 2001 16:42:39 -0700

Hi,

Here is the problem.
I have archived 1 - 10 archivelog to tapes. 11 - 13 are on the file system waiting to be archived. I found 11 was missing from the list somehow. What should I do now? I know I must get an online backup as soon as possible and that was fine but backing up the archivelog seems to be a little problem because RMAN complained about not finding 11. Should I just skip the 11? I need someone to verify what I am doing is correct. Could someone confirm? Am I missing anything?

  1. 1 - 10 archived to tape
  2. 11 - 13 are on filesystem waiting to be archived to tape but 11 is missing
  3. taking online backup of database
  4. tell RMAN to skip 11 and archive 12 - 13 to tapes instead

Thanks for your input in advance,

benny Received on Wed Jun 13 2001 - 18:42:39 CDT