Re: Standby DB Question

From: M Hashim <mhashim_at_passport.ca>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 22:59:46 -0400

I'm still trying to locate the answer to bring the standby into production - read/write mode.
alter database activate standby database - put it in standby mode, can't update a table for example.

Basically, I would like to stop the standby - knowing that the production server is dead- and restart it in read/write mode.

I believe I have to create a new set of control files for the standby.