Re: export file size bigger than 2GB

From: Knut Talman <knut.talman_at_mytoys.de>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:16:47 +0200

> > In sprac solaris 2.7 ,
> > We can't export our data because exported file size is bigger than 2GB.
> > I have known that there was no 2GB limit in solaris 2.7
> > What can I do?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> It would be nice to know what oracle version your running.
> If export fails because of the file gets >2GB your filesystem is probably
> not mounted with the largefiles option.
> If export is succesfull but you'r having trouble importing a >2GB export
> file you are running Oracle 8.1.5 or lower. Only from 8.1.6 export/import
> works for files >2GB. A workaround is to use a pipe / compress.
>
> % mknod /tmp/exp_pipe p # Make the pipe
> % compress < /tmp/exp_pipe > export.dmp.Z & # Background compress
> % exp file=/tmp/exp_pipe <other options> # Export to the pipe

It might be easier to set the filesize and export to more than one file:

% exp user/passwd FILESIZE=2000M FILE=exp1.dmp,exp2.dmp,exp3.dmp and all other parameters you need.

Regards,

Knut

--
Knut Talman                                     Fon +49 30 72 62 01 411
dba_at_myToys.de                                   Fax +49 30 72 62 01 222