Re: export file size bigger than 2GB

From: rob <rob_at_dsdelft.nl>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 09:58:28 +0200

> In sprac solaris 2.7 ,
> We can't export our data because exported file size is bigger than 2GB.
> I have known that there was no 2GB limit in solaris 2.7
> What can I do?
>
> Thanks in advance.

It would be nice to know what oracle version your running. If export fails because of the file gets >2GB your filesystem is probably not mounted with the largefiles option.
If export is succesfull but you'r having trouble importing a >2GB export file you are running Oracle 8.1.5 or lower. Only from 8.1.6 export/import works for files >2GB. A workaround is to use a pipe / compress.

  % mknod /tmp/exp_pipe p               # Make the pipe
  % compress < /tmp/exp_pipe > export.dmp.Z & # Background compress
  % exp file=/tmp/exp_pipe <other options>    # Export to the pipe

HTH,
Rob. Received on Wed Jun 13 2001 - 02:58:28 CDT