Re: Is Oracle DBA cerificate useless ?!!!!

From: MarkyG <markg_at_mymail.tm>
Date: 13 Jun 2001 08:20:32 -0700

Its not useless as long as you have (or at least doing) real world experience to try out the things learned whiclst doing your certification.

Look at it this way, if someone picks up your CV, sees OCP DBA and 4 months work experience, they will probably snigger a bit.

Another person with 5 years DBA experience and not necessarily passed or even taken OCP will hold a lot more street cred.

The majority of the OCP exams are multi choice so after lots of practise, you can 'memorise' most of the answers. If you have no DBA experience, at least study hard around the issues in each question. It will give you a good grounding later on.

Mark