Re: Enterprise Console hangs connecting to management server

From: Chuck Carson <rhugga_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 18:10:56 GMT

<SNIP>
>> Thanks again for any help,
>> CC
>

>I don't have the management server running, but DBA Studio gives you
>the opportunity to either connect to a management server or run
>standalone. I would try the standalone.
>
>Before connecting to the database, use the network assistant to
>establish
>a tnsnames entry on your client machine. This gives you the opportunity
>to test the connection. Once everything is OK, close the network
>assistant.
>
>Open up DBA studio and under the "File:Add Database to Tree" select a
>database from your local tnsnames.ora, and click OK.
>
>Hopefully this will work for you.
>
>-Dirk

Yea, this works fine, I have never had a problem using the standalone method. I am wanting to use the diagnostics/management packs with the enterprise console.

There is defintely a bug somewhere, in the client code, Windows 2000, or the management server itself. I just can't imagine this not being brought to anyone's attention. There are many many DBA's out there using Enterprise Console via Management Server and I find it hard to believe that none of them are using Win 2000.

Is there a java version of the Enterprise Console that will work on Linux?

-Chuck Received on Wed Jun 13 2001 - 13:10:56 CDT