Standby DB Question

From: M Hashim <mhashim_at_passport.ca>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 23:52:45 -0400

I have a Standby DB running in a managed recovery mode - everything works well, except.

What I would like to know;
Is there a way to turn on the standby in full read/write as production - I know you need the control files, how? I'm assuming the production is down, and there is no access to the production control files.

I could create a mirrored copy on a separate (or on the standby server) server, and have access to those.

I am hoping there is another way in recreating production level control files using the standby. Any suggestion?

This, by the way, is a means to automate the turn over of the standby into full production with little or no manual involvement. Received on Tue Jun 12 2001 - 22:52:45 CDT