Re: Is Oracle DBA cerificate useless ?!!!!

From: Ethan Post <Blah_at_Blah.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 04:41:19 GMT

Try "Oracle" and "Certification", might come up with a bit more but that is not really my point. I will retract the term "require and prefer", I should have said "like". I saw a few job postings today in fact that said something like "Oracle certification(s) are a plus.". Don't get me wrong, most folks won't get cert and then get job but take a few of my buddies that are engineers. These types are always fooling around with things like Oracle on their own. I have told a few of them that their first job would most likely come working primarily as an engineer and then get a chance to show their stuff as DBA. From there they could move on to bigger and better things. The idea that every Oracle database is being manned by an experienced DBA is bologna. There are plenty of opportunities for less experienced individuals out their. However they are unlikely to land that first job by applying for an Oracle DBA position. They will need to be more creative than that.