Re: Is Oracle DBA cerificate useless ?!!!!

From: Daniel A. Morgan <Daniel.Morgan_at_attws.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 15:28:29 -0700

Ethan Post wrote:

> While it is true 99% of the people posting on this list could care less if
> you got your OCP or not when you walk in the door for a job, it is not true
> that it is worthless. Go to the job boards and you will see that many of
> the jobs require or prefer OCP's.

An excellent idea and I decided to test it out. I went to dice.com.
I chose Job Search, Seattle, All telephone area codes. I put in the search criteria ORACLE.
There are 175 potential jobs.

I put in the search criteria OCP.
There was one hit.
And in that single hit it listed it as "desirable" not mandatory.

So in a search of the Seattle area: 1 out of 175. Searched San Francisco Bay area: 4 out of 415. Searched Denver area: 0 out of 190.
Searched Boston area: 1 out of 647.

So your definition of "many" is .... ? <g>

The prosecution rests.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Tue Jun 12 2001 - 17:28:29 CDT