cursor

From: Zhiliang Hu <zhu_at_genomicfx.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 11:22:33 -0500

Thanks to those who answered my previous question! I made following trigger to be used when data is loaded with sqlloader but got a Warning upon its creation:

create trigger atest
after insert or update of serial on A_table for each row
declare
       cursor crsr is (select max(serial) from A_table
                       where itemname like 'Old%');
begin
       crsr=crsr+1;
       insert into A_table (serial) values ('crsr')
              where itemname like 'Old%');
end;
/

Warning: Trigger created with compilation errors.

Surely upon test it complains:
"trigger 'ATEST' is invalid and failed re-validation"

Could someone kindly spot where is the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Zhiliang Received on Mon Jun 11 2001 - 11:22:33 CDT