Re-organize Oracle Application Database ( Oracle ERP Applications Release 10.7)

From: Dhananjay Sen <dhananjay_sen_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11 Jun 2001 10:29:52 -0700

Hi

All the datafiles of the Application Database corresponding to Oracle Applications release 10.7 were created in a single disk volume which has resulted into severe disk I/O and disk space problem for the Application Database .

I need to move some of the datafiles of the Oracle Application Database ( Oracle Applications release 10.7) to separate disk volumes to overcome current space problem and I/O bottlenecks . without disturbing the currently running Oracle ERP Applications .

Will the Oracle Applications ( Oracle Financials , Manufacturing etc.)  get effected if the underlying data files of the Application Database are re-organized by moving datafiles to different disk volumes ? If so , what exactly I need to perform on the Oracle Application side so that it runs without problem after re-organization of its application database.

Any help is highly appreciated . Thanks in advance

Dhananjay Sen Received on Mon Jun 11 2001 - 12:29:52 CDT