newbie needs help on slow startup & shutdown

From: wonderinguy <wonderinguy_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11 Jun 2001 14:45:04 EST

Folks, I'm pretty new to Oracle. When I first got oracle running on a Solaris machine, the startup and shutdown was pretty fast. Now it take about 10-15 mins to shutdown normal and about 2-4 mins to startup. The only changes I made was ,I dropped couple of extra rollback segment I created .
How can I trouble shoot this situation ? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Received on Mon Jun 11 2001 - 14:45:04 CDT