Re: ias 9i - Portal - root.sh and launch.sh

From: Michael Wagner <wagner.m_at_utanet.at>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 20:58:52 +0200

Hello

I have done exactly the same as you tryed, i have exactly the same problems but i have solved the problems.
"Henner Graubitz" <graubitz_at_wiwi.hu-berlin.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3b2393ca.108179193_at_newshost.rz.hu-berlin.de...
> Hi,
>
> I try to install Portal (Minimal Selection of Oracle ias 9i ) on
> Solaris and
> got some problems:
>
> - Oracle 8.1.7 database works fine
> - listener.ora works fine (hacked as suggested in technet.oracle.com)
> - tnsnames.ora works fine (hacked as suggested in technet.oracle.com)
> - environement is set fine
>

> I installed Oralce 8.1.7 and as suggestion of technet.oracle.com I
> installed Oracle
> 9i ias in a different $ORACLE_HOME
>

> 1st problem : near the end of the installation the root.sh script does
> not work -
> I will get the following error.log
>
> "Please delete any log and trace files previously
> created by the Oracle Enterprise Manager Intelligent
> Agent. These files may be found in the directories
> you use for storing other Net8 log and trace files.
> If such files exist, the OEM IA may not restart."

It seems to me that is only a hint

> The script looks like to delete any logs and traces itself and I do
> not get any message of
> success. Is there anything ok ?

The problem ist the ORACLE_HOME variable and the path where the SQLPLUS.EXE are executed. You have in the Home Folder of Oracle App Server a sqlplus.exe und in the database home a sqlplus.exe. If you use the sqlplus.exe from the app server you get the problems. You have installed Oracle 9iAs after the database so the ORACLE_HOME variable points to the ORACLE_HOME of the appserver but there is no database. Set the ORACLE_HOME=database home and be sure that the path points to the sqlplus.exe of the DATABASE installation.

that sould work

Mike