Re: oiconnect problem

From: Kim Connell, Client/Server DBA <mouse_kc_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11 Jun 2001 05:53:14 -0700

"John Theunis" <john.theunis_at_advalvas.be> wrote in message news:<9fuaht$q4e$1_at_news.worldonline.be>...
> hi,
>
> if you are running the script on the same server as the db; try 'sqlplus
> internal @scriptname'
>
> by
> john
>
> I was using that method but switched to using a username/password file
because we are running multiple environments and had to switch between them. I
was trying to simplify things. I also ran into problems with one version of sqlplus having core dumps every time we try to connect. Easily fixed but we
have to bring the instance down to do it and that ( at the moment) is a no-can-do.

Is there a parameter or something that needs to be set to use oiconnect? Has anyone else encountered this problem? Received on Mon Jun 11 2001 - 07:53:14 CDT