Re: feature & performance comparison

From: Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 04:46:18 GMT

in article B7498743.15384%markbtownsend_at_home.com, Mark Townsend at markbtownsend_at_home.com wrote on 6/10/01 8:21 PM:

The PDF link works OK, however. This IS cool, it's a nicely orthogonal syntax. I checked the Oracle9i doc and it seems that a named subquery cannot reference it's own name, so I guess Oracle doesn't do this this way (although CONNECT BY does provide equivalent capability - restrictions may be different however).

See Serge - I CAN give credit where credit is due :-)

http://www-4.ibm.com/cgi-bin/db2www/data/db2/udb/winos2unix/support/v7pubs.d 2>> w