Re: feature & performance comparison

From: Serge Rielau <srielau_at_ca.ibm.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 23:10:10 -0400

Hi Mark,

It's only a set operator that feeds itself. It reads as long as new rows are produced with each row being read only once.

Temp table is incrementally generated.
I'm no query rewrite expert, so I can't tell you what rules can fire on this beast.
(and I doubt I would be allowed if I knew)
In principle these can occure anywhere in the SQL. Allthough they are currently only allowed for INSERT, SELECT and in SQL table functions
(aka parameterized views). The later thus implicitly allows them anywhere.

Cheers
Serge Received on Sun Jun 10 2001 - 22:10:10 CDT