Re: feature & performance comparison

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 09:23:37 GMT

On Sat, 09 Jun 2001 22:08:20 -0400, Serge Rielau <srielau_at_ca.ibm.com> wrote:

>Examples (And these are just things I happened to bump into, random sampling):

I suggest you do a little bit more than just a random sampling. Too complex a subject to deserve such a light approach, don't you think?

>There is good reason why IBM (and thus DB2) dominates the standards.

Do they? I wasn't aware standards were something to be "dominated"?

>Oracle touts that it supports standards. It doesn't seem to care about the SQL
>standard even for new features (such as object tables), however.....
>Interesting.

Probably because it had those features in place long before there was a standard defined anywhere?

Rest assured they'll follow the standards in time. One of the little penalties one has to pay for using software that is way ahead of the "standards".

></flame>

'sohright, we won't hold you to that! :-D

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Sun Jun 10 2001 - 04:23:37 CDT